No one considers the God factor in mental health. When I was 26 I was driving down the street and all of a sudden, for the first time ever, it felt like someone was controlling my thoughts and said, “Slow down someone is about to run the red light,” so I immediately obeyed and slowed down and two seconds later a truck ran the light. If it wasn’t for that revelation from God I would have been gone a long time ago. When I had a break from reality I was getting a lot of revelations from God and now eight years later they are starting to come true. I never knew I would write a book and I never knew I would become a National Motivational Speaker. I would advise anyone that has a severe mental illness to read Parapsychology so you will know the difference between mental illness and a revelation from God.
I believe many of the CEO’s of mental health organizations have recovered from a mental illness. People with disabilities own more businesses than people without disabilities.
I was thinking one day, why is it that many of our brilliant, famous, and rich millionaires and billionaires have been molested? I was molested once by my brother when I was five. I began reading story’s from several famous people about their journey. Oprah, Monique, Angela Basset, Tyler Perry, and Ricky Lake have all been molested. I was taught by my mom that life is 1% what happens to you and 99% how you react to it. Those famous that were molested have used that negative energy to create greatness. Those that use their negative energy to do something negative end up murderers and rapist.
People with disability’s are more likely to own their own business than people without disability’s.
TEN WAYS I OVERCAME SCHIZOPHRENIA
1. Sometimes when a person has a break from reality they do not remember what they did during their relapse, so you can’t tell us we’re sick, you have to show us we’re sick. If your loved one is refusing to take their medication and has another break from reality, take a picture of them or video tape them, after they get medication treatment from a doctor and they can understand you fully, then you can show them what they actually did during their episodes. Telling someone they need help is not effective when the person doesn’t even remember what they did.
2. Get your children familiar with taking vitamins so if one day they do need to take medication, they won’t be scared of the concept.
3. I used to be very controlling. I teach in my book whenever you try to control someone you take a piece of yourself away. Some people don’t have control over their life so they try to control others. Ask your family and friends if they see you as controlling. If they do, pay more attention to the things you say and do.
4. There are power techniques that can save you from arguments and stress. For example as Robert Green says, “if someone makes a judgment call about you and they don’t know you nine times out of ten they’re talking about themselves or someone close to them. Don’t say anything and let them keep talking and eventually they will tell you what’s really on their minds.” Another example of a power technique that will help you avoid arguments and stress by Robert Green is, “when you’re about to engage in an argument with someone, try your best not to interrupt them. When you interrupt someone sometimes you miss what the person is trying to say and that could cause an argument.”
5. Also learn everything about your disorder so you can know what not to do.
6. If you or a loved one needs help you can always dial 211 from your phone and the representatives will direct you with an agency that can help you even if you don’t have insurance. 211 is available in most states.
7. You have to get to the point where you don’t care what people think of you. People that I have met with mental illness are very brilliant. I just learned people with disabilities are more likely to own their own business than people without disabilities.
8. You must also have a strong belief in God and learn the difference from a revelation that He has sent you and mental illness. Read everything you can about Parapsychology. Anything negative that you see or hear is not from God.
9. Also pay attention to the family members, co-workers, and friends you get along with the best. If we want our life to be positive we have to hang around people that are positive.
10. Take the medication that is prescribed to you by your doctor. If you feel you don’t need medication get a second opinion. A lot of people stop taking medication because of the side effects. Some side effects go away in two weeks but if the side effects are too severe don’t stop taking your medication. See your doctor and ask if there is different medication that you can get on. Many medications make you drowsy. Find out how long it takes for your medication to kick in and then ask your doctor if you can take the medication at night before you go to bed.
Swiyyah Woodard is an award winning author. Her book is entitled, “Don’t Call Me Crazy! I’m Just in Love and is required reading for several High schools and colleges. She was awarded as a Baynews9 Everyday Hero seen by two million viewers. She has received her BA degree in Psychology and has been diagnosed with the most debilitating mental disorder known in mental health, Paranoid Schizophrenia. You can find more information at
www.dontcallmecrazy.com facebook.com/swiyyahnm facebook.com/authorswiyyah
I get a relaxation massage every two weeks to releave stress. And it works!